Boy Scouts of America Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Boy Scouts of America to serve others by helping to instill values in young people and, in other ways, to prepare them to make ethical choices during their lifetime in achieving their full potential. The values we strive to instill are based on those found in the Scout Oath and Law. When a boy joins Troop 2399, he agrees to live by the Scout Oath and Law.
TROOP 2399’s: Values, Mission & Vision
· The Scout Oath and Law.
· Scouting Program based on Catholic Christian Principles and focus.
· Scouting with Quality Standard
· Leadership with integrity
· Promote Teamwork
· Positive Environment
· To ensure scouting quality and best scouting program that will sustain Troop growth and Scouting
· Serve and support the community and St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church.
· Offer scouts a responsible fun, adventurous and educational program.
· Offer scouts merit badge and rank advancement opportunities. With a goal of providing at least
10 camping/outings a year.
· Boy led Troop
· “The mission of BSA is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their
lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law”.
· To provide all scouts with leadership opportunity to reach their potential, to foster growth and
development of each scout so they can achieve their goals.
· Success for all scouts, to be “Eagle Scouts” and be a member of the “Order of the Arrow”.
· Turn boys into responsible young men.
· Become trained leaders to support the Troop and Scouts.
· Become Merit Badge Counselors.
· Become part of the Committee, Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmasters
· To build the best scouting program in the region.
· Maintain relationship with Pack 2399 to maintain Troop 2399 Survival.
· Achieve National Patrol Award
· Achieve National Quality Unit Award
· Achieve the National Catholic Quality Unit Award.
· Venture out in other aspects of scouting, Ventures Crew, Scout Advisors/Leaders.
· Shape scouts as our future community and country leaders.