Boy Scout Troop 2399 is located in Chino Hills, California, and chartered by St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church.
Purpose of the Boy Scouts of America
It is the purpose of the Boy Scouts Of America to provide an effective program designed to instill within the youth desirable qualities of character, to train them in the responsibilities of participating citizenship, and to help develop their personal fitness, providing this country with citizens who:
1. Are physically, mentally and emotionally fit.
2. Have a high degree of self-reliance as evidence in such qualities as initiative, courage and resourcefulness.
3. Have personal and stable values firmly based on religious concepts.
4. Have the desire and skills to help others.
5. Understand the principles of the American social, economic, and government systems.
6. Are knowledgeable about and take pride in their American heritage and understand America’s role in the world.
7 Have a keen respect for the basic rights of all people.
8. Are prepared to fulfill the varied responsibilities of participating in and giving leadership to American society and in other forums of the world.
Note: For boys below 11 years old, check out Cub Scout Pack 2399*.
Are Cub Scouts the same as Boy Scouts?
Cub Scouting is a program of the Boy Scouts of America—so in that sense, Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts are both members of the same organization. However, they are entirely different programs: Cub Scouting is a family-oriented program designed specifically to address the needs of younger boys.